The last few days have been really good for me as I am preparing for my adventure.
The months leading up to now have just flown by, and I almost feel like I just sailed through, numblike. How did that time pass so quickly? bah!
Since last weekend, I was feeling sorry for myself, like the spoiled Westerner that I am (but try not to be). Wah wah, I have to move away from my comfort zone to live a life where everything is provided for me and opportunities are endless...It wasn't until I sat down to chillax with the tv that I was snapped back into reality.
"Haiti Orphans" - this was the name of the show. I have seen parents give up their chidren because they couldn't feed them! What am I complaining about!? God reminded me that I am blessed, and that he has clearly put Abu Dhabi in my path. Do I want to leave my comfortable home to be stretched beyond belief? Not so much. This is God's plan for me, though, and I suppose I should trust that the creator of the universe is a bit wiser than I am. duh
The next day, I headed to the local McDonald's (this is rare for me, I swear, lol) to meet Krista for lunch, and I ran into another friend, Joelle, as well as an amazing woman that I last saw in Haiti at the orphanage. Crazy! That, coupled with the wonderful day I spent with Krista earlier in the week, reminded me that my life is full of people who love and support me. What more could I ask for?
To make it even better, Friday night was wonderful. My aunty Sandra and her parents (the Jones') threw me a going-away party out at their acerage. They invited other family, fed us a whole bunch of food, and even got me a "congrats on your new job" gift! We had a fire and then the Northern Lights came out too! It was such a great night and I was greatly humbled by all that they did to support me. Wow.
Seeing people make the effort to spend time with me before I leave (like Kelly, Joy, Joelle, and Kaia today) and to express their interest and support has really been a gift. It's like God is saying to me, "Hey! Remember that I am sending you to Abu Dhabi. I have put all of these people in your life, and taken care of you until now. Trust me!"
Letting go of my own plans and trusting is hard to do. I know that it will be worth it, though, and I feel confident knowing that I have the God of the universe on my side. I'm going to show this transition period who is boss! :D
Thanks for the honourable mention! I am so excited to see the amazing growing you've been doing lately! I am even more excited to celebrate with you one last time before you leave! God has incredible things in store for you!
ReplyDelete