Yesterday (Saturday, Sept 17) we went to Dubai mall on the bus. It took just over an hour to get there. Coming into Dubai we could see the sweet architecture. I could see the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world from a distance and it was still huge! AMazing! I will have to go there again to go inside, for sure.
The mall was pretty amazing. We entered through The Address - hotel. We immediately felt poor and stood there like a bunch of fools staring at the ceiling and wondering which way to go. FInally we found our way through Bloomingdales and into the mall. It has many of the same stores as back home and going into malls here is almost like being transported home in a way. They had American Eagle, Bath and Body Works and pretty much anything you could imagine. They even had Canadian stores like Fruits and Passion and Second Cup! (MOm, lol). It was pretty sweet.
I went into the BIrkenstock store and tried on some in the same style MIchelle has, but they are cheaper than back home. They are about $95 so now I just have to decide....brown or gold? :) woohoo! An Abu dhabi perk
We spent about 6 hours in the mall and I was never really bored. There are some sweet thigns to see and do there besides just shopping. The huge aquarium is magical. I watched a show on tv before I came about how they built it and it was fascinating to see it. You can pay to walk in a tunnel under all of the fish and sharks. There was even a mini cooper in the water! crazy!
The mall also has movie theatres, an ice rink, a sweet waterfall with divers coming out, and the dubai fountains - which are supposed to be amazing to see at night.
LIfe outside of the mall is still the same. Waiting for internet....waiting for my computer at school to work...waiting for my kids to be evaluated so I can hear that they all have exceptionalities (yay?). God is testing my patience in Abu Dhabi, lol.
Good news - I found out that smallgroups will be starting up in the next week or two at Church. Yay for church friends! I miss them!
computer is about to die - bye bye!
Laura
Small group at your church? I miss you like crazy!!
ReplyDelete