Life in Abu Dhabi is pretty wonderful these days:
1 - I have air conditioning and INTERNET!!!
2- I am having fun with my students and they make me laugh everyday. My favourite quote so far...." I am special because I was kissed by angels"
3- I went to a new teacher dinner at church lastnight and was given some valuable reminders. For ex. stop complaining about everything and appreciate what you have. Usually the Indian workers living in the little shanty outside are happier than we are. shameful.
4 - I signed up for a smallgroup and should be hearing back soon
5- They are implementing guided reading, but it turns out that I know more about it than many of the teachers here. Who woulda thought?
6-Marian is a miracle worker and has turned me into someone who is relatively prepared. I actually feel like I know what I'm doing sometimes. I still have time for a life, too! Something might be wrong here, lol.
7 - Did I mention that I am in Abu Dhabi? That's right, if I weren't such an albino, I could easily take a drive over to some of the most beautiful beaches ever. Awesome
8 - I am an hours drive from some of the sweetest engineering feats in the world.
I will stop being so lazy and will post some pictures soon friends!
Hoping life is awesome back home too! Enjoy those autumn colours!
~Laura
How wonderful! God is good!
ReplyDeleteB.