Thursday, October 13, 2011

Salt, please!

So in an attempt to be social and healthy at the same time, I joined the Biggest Loser teacher edition at school. We are on teams and we have weigh-ins every week until December sometime.

One of my awesome team members, Alishia, made a meal plan for our team. I was pretty excited about the healthy choices and good food involved. I followed the meal plan for about a week and started to feel a bit weak.

As most of you know, I was pretty ill this Summer at times. We discovered that I have really low blood sodium levels and blood pressure. This randomly sends me into fits of nausea and unconsciousness.

I thought that my healthy choices of good food and swimming had started to counteract my lame sickness. However, I was sadly mistaken.

I went to the formula 1 track with a bunch of the others. They usually run it, and I figured that since it has been getting a few degrees cooler outside it should be ok for me to walk it. It is something like 3.4 km in length. I walked around the track twice. I felt great at the time and it was a lot of fun. As soon as I sat down in the car, though, I started to feel that familiar faintness.

Apparently I am not ready to have fun outside. I OD'd on salt yesterday and have been feeling good since. It is frustrating that I can't seem to be able to go outside and do fun things with others. Also, I don't know what to do to make it better. There are doctors around here and I am going to see if I can get in to see one in the near future. I should also get my Hashimotos checked up on. Good times.

Until then, with every meal I say "more salt please!" yum

1 comment:

  1. Oh Laura! Keep eating that salt! And go see a doctor! Maybe they'll actually fix you up properly! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete